The client needed to transform its existing pictures-and-text web site into a dynamic, database-driven e-commerce application. Additionally:
- Administrators needed an easy way to maintain inventory, review orders, and communicate with customers.
- Given that many customers need the same product year after year, the client wanted to give them the ability to select and submit reorders.
- Customers also wanted to make the ordering process easier by not having to reenter shipping addresses and details.
- We had a series of meetings with the client to help come to an understanding of the desired feature set.
- Starting from the existing site design, we made minimal modifications to accommodate the new dynamic elements.
- We worked with the client's IT staff to understand their existing product data and how to migrate it to the new web application.
- We designed a database to manage inventory and orders and populated the database from the client's legacy system.
- We built a set of tools to allow administrators to maintain product inventory, review orders, and update order status.
- We added personalization with a "My Valiant" section. Registered customers can see their order history, reorder items from that history, maintain lists of ship-to addresses, and more.
Back to case studies