Holistic Primary Care
The client publishes a print newspaper read by over 75,000 health care professionals. It wished to take that newspaper online, while also:
- Developing a scalable solution for future growth.
- Providing online continuing medical education (CME) materials and examinations.
- Launching the new site within a month.
- Work with the client to understand and formalize the near-term goals and prioritize requirements into a phased approach for the future.
- Start with a small, informative site.
- Provide easy expansion paths.
- Given the short deadline, we focused on the most essential elements for phase one. These included information about the company, selected articles from the newspaper, and the CME exam.
- Care was taken to preserve the brand of the newpaper, while providing a flexible layout and design that can expand as new features are added.
- Professionals taking the exam for credit must register and pay a small fee. We developed software that allows professionals to register once and return to take this and future CME exams at any time. We also deployed our Shopping Cart & Payment Processing SiteStarter™, allowing professionals to charge the fee to their credit card directly from the web site.
- Health care professionals earning a passing grade on the CME exam could earn 1.0 units of AMA category 1 credit. We developed an interface to export exam results to the University of Minnesota Office of Continuing Medical Education, which provides the CME certification for this exam.
- Planned future releases include a full-featured content management system, new disease and medical condition categorization, separate consumer and doctor "pay for content" areas, and new CME tests.
Back to case studies